You can create a folder for your Ant Texts in two ways:
- Create a folder on your user’s local machine.
- Create a folder on a network location, to allow several user’s access simultaneously.
Then create a folder structure to suite your needs, for example like this:
- Folder ”Houses”, with subfolders ”Purchase” and “Sale”
- Folder ”Rent”, with subfolders ”Owner” and ”Tenant”
- Folder ”Xtra”, with subfolder ”Empty”
After you have build up your structure, you can insert your Ant Texts in the folders ”Purchase”, ”Sale”, ”Owner” and ”Tenant”.
Supported file formats in Ant Text
Ant Text supports these file formats:
- Word documents ("*.doc", "*.docx", "*.docm")
- HTML documents (“*.htm”, “*.html”)
- Text files (“*.txt”)
Create your desired design (text, pictures, logo etc.) in the file format you are most comfortable with.
Ant Text folder
The Ant Text folder, which you created above, must now be selected in the Ant Text menu “Settings”.
- Open Outlook and select ”New e-mail”
- Select the ANT TEXT tab in the top.
- Choose: ”Settings”, and select/enter the path to your Ant Text folder.
- Click ”Ok” to save the path to your Ant Text folder.
- Restart Outlook.
- Create a new e-mail and select the ANT TEXT tab.
ANT TEXT tool bar
If you have followed our guide, the tool bar will look like this:
If you have selected our sample Ant text folder, which can be downloaded from Ant Text Installation, it will look like this:
The folder structure you have build up will now be displayed in your Outlook, each time you create a new e-mail.
Your folder structure and Ant Texts, can continuously be adjusted to suite your business and needs. To see the new toolbar after adjustments, you just have to restart Outlook.
Please note that the ant icon in the two illustrations above, besides “Empty” and “No data” are grey.
This means that the folder does not contain any Ant Texts yet.
To change this, follow these steps:
- Find your Ant Text folder in the Windows Explorer.
- Rename the folder: ”Xtra”, to ”Various”, and “Empty” to “Presale”
- Create a new Word document ”New Client.docx” under the folder “Presale”
- Restart Outlook.
- Create a new e-mail and select your ANT TEXT toolbar.
The Ant Text toolbar is now updated with your adjusted structure:
Note that the ant icon next to ”Presale” has changed color, because the folder now contains an Ant Text.
If you have come this far, you are already well off with using Ant Text.
However, there are more possibilities that you should know about before you build up your Ant Text folder structure.
Read more about how to define shortcut keys and attached files here: